The Children's Forum
... because kids can't wait
Salary Range: $17.50 – $19.00
Job Function: Provide scholarship reimbursement and application processing responsibilities for the T.E.A.C.H. Program.
Specific Job Duties:
- Process check requests for disbursement of scholarship funds for the T.E.A.C.H. Scholarship Program.
- Maintain all files and documents pertaining to T.E.A.C.H. scholarship reimbursements and funds.
- Maintain accurate balances of the scholarship recipients, sponsoring child care centers and colleges/training programs.
- Record account payables when checks are received from fiscal.
- Record account receivables when payments are received from scholarship recipients and sponsoring child care centers.
- Screen scholarship applications for qualifications, completeness and accuracy.
- Ensure proper scholarship data entry is recorded into database.
- Provide technical assistance to Portal users to troubleshoot concerns and overcome barriers.
- Contact applicants via telephone or email in reference to incomplete applications or rejections.
- Accept calls from applicants, directors or anyone else seeking information about scholarships.
- Counsel applicants on the best way to achieve their professional development goals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent, professional, and courteous telephone skills.
- Must be able to work with varying socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Must be computer literate and have some knowledge of data entry.
- Must be able to organize work and project needs.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience in processing reimbursements/general accounting field may substitute for degree.