... because kids can't wait
Salary Range: $16.35 / hr.
Job Function: Provide support for T.E.A.C.H. Counselors, applicants, scholars, and centers.
Specific Job Duties:
- Screen scholarship applications for qualifications, completeness, and accuracy.
- Review and process Portal submissions: including education, employment, paystubs and other various documentation.
- Ensure proper data entry is recorded into databases.
- Conduct email correspondence with Registry Portal participants about documents submitted through the system.
- Provide technical assistance to Portal users to troubleshoot concerns and overcome barriers.
- Accept calls from applicants, directors or anyone else seeking information about scholarships.
- Counsel applicants on the best way to achieve their professional development goals.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to online portal/dashboard.
- Become knowledgeable about the levels of education measured by the system, and what constitutes proof of those levels.
- Review documents submitted for adequacy in proving the educational levels claimed by participants.
Education and Experience: Must have a high school diploma and three to five years of administrative and clerical experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent, professional and courteous telephone skills.
- Must be able to work with varying socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Must be computer literate and knowledge of data entry.
- Must be able to organize work and project needs.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Bilingual, Spanish and English required.
- Tolerate the noise level in the work environment, which is usually moderate.