The Children's Forum
... because kids can't wait
Salary Range: $15 – $16.35
Job Function: Provide support for TEACH Counselors, applicants, recipients and centers.
Specific Job Duties:
- Screen scholarship applications for qualifications, completeness and accuracy.
- Ensure proper scholarship data entry is recorded into database.
- Contact applicants via telephone or email in reference to incomplete applications or rejections.
- Provide technical assistance to Portal users to troubleshoot concerns and overcome barriers.
- Accept calls from applicants, directors or anyone else seeking information about scholarships.
- Counsel applicants on the best way to achieve their professional development goals.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to online portal/dashboard.
- Cover phone and front desk in the absence of the TEACH Assistant.
- Assume any and all other duties as necessary for the successful implementation of the program as assigned by the supervisor and the President/CEO.
- Abide by the policies and procedures as set forth by the Children’s Forum Board of Directors.
Education and Experience:
Must have a high school diploma and a minimum 3 to 5 years of administrative/clerical experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent, professional and courteous telephone skills.
- Must be able to work with varying socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Must be computer literate and have some knowledge of data entry.
- Must be able to organize work and project needs.