Florida Afterschool Network
Department: Florida Afterschool Network
Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Location: Tallahassee Office
Salary: $22/hour up to 25 hours a week
Anticipated Hire Date: June 20, 2022
The mission of the Florida Afterschool Network is to provide unified leadership to advocate for the development, enhancement, sustainability, and accessibility of evidenced based high-quality afterschool and summer programs and policies statewide.
Scope of Work:
Seeking a knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and energetic individual with experience in training, coaching, afterschool, youth development, and/or related field to execute responsibilities identified below. The QPTC must be proficient in technology for training and project management purposes. This position is grant funded; employment is subject to availability of funding.
- Develop and conduct training sessions that align with youth development priorities for out-of-school (OST) time providers.
- Develop and conduct STEM based training for OST providers.
- Lead workgroups and/or subcommittees to determine additional professional development needs for OST.
- Identify potential training topics and trainers to build additional resources and support for OST professionals.
- Coordinate the Million Girls Moonshot Capacity Building grant workplan.
- Create and collect data regarding the impact of professional learning events.
- Provide progress reports to the FAN Executive Director.
- Attend meetings, trainings, workshops, conference calls, and conferences as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of adult learning principles and needs.
- Must have knowledge of curriculum development and design.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to organize and manage multiple responsibilities and tasks.
- Must be able to edit, write, and develop materials as necessary.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must possess professional and courteous telephone skills.
- Must be computer literate and have knowledge of database management.
- Must be able to travel as needed to fulfill job requirements.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
Qualifications: This position requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant work experience. Additional degrees or certifications may substitute for work experience.