... because kids can't wait
Conduct research and project management activities including database management and quantitative and qualitative data collection, analysis, and reporting for research projects administered by the Children’s Forum. Ensure timely and efficient completion of deliverables, coordinate and collaborate with other team members, and establish and maintain partnerships as needed. Must hold an advanced degree with at least two years of research related experience.
Department: Research Department
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Salary range: $55,000 to $60,000
Responsible for conducting research and project management activities of the Children’s Forum under the supervision of the Vice President of Research. Position will include conducting data collection, design and analysis, and reporting for research projects administered by the Children’s Forum.
Specific Job Duties:
- Data Collection: Identify data sources, design data collection protocols and measures, develop data collection plans, and collect quantitative and qualitative data using methods appropriate to the social sciences field and needs of the position.
- Design and Analysis: Collaborate on the design of research studies and conduct quantitative and qualitative data analyses such as but not limited to descriptive statistics, bivariate statistics, inferential statistics, content analysis, and case study.
- Reporting: Develop data charts, graphs and displays; prepare written research reports; prepare and conduct presentations of research findings; and assist with the publication and distribution of research reports and materials.
- Project Management: Manage research activities and tasks including database management; ensure timely and efficient completion of deliverables; coordinate and collaborate with other team members; and establish and maintain relationships needed to accomplish the work of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to organize multiple tasks to complete deliverables accurately and on time.
- Must be able to edit, write, and develop research reports, briefs, and other documents.
- Must have strong qualitative and quantitative research design and analysis skills.
- Must be computer literate, have knowledge of database management, and be proficient in Microsoft Office and SPSS (or a similar statistical package).
- Must be able to be able to set up and hold meetings via virtual platforms (e.g., ZOOM).
- Must be able to travel as needed to fulfill job requirements.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
Education and Experience: Must have an advanced degree in early childhood education, research design, evaluation, statistics, psychology or other field that relates to the requirements of the position. Must have at least two (2) years of experience in research and data analysis roles.
To apply for this job please visit www.flchild.com.