The Children’s Forum is seeking applicants for the Contracts and Grants Manager position in the agency’s Finance Department. The Children’s Forum is a nonprofit agency that focuses on improving the quality of early care and education for Florida’s children. With a staff of 70+ and an annual budget of $16 million, the Forum manages several programs funded by a mix of Federal, State and local government grants.
Location: Tallahassee Office
Rate of Pay: 40k-53k – Based on qualifications and experience
Responsible for the daily management of contracts and grants at the Children’s Forum. Able to supervise staff effectively. Monitor program expenditures, prepare and process financial reports and invoices, and provide oversight for sub-recipients and vendors as required. Assist in the development and review of grant and funding proposal. Develop program budgets and participate in other Forum projects, as needed.
Specific Job Duties:
- Review administrative and financial requirements of funding awards. Work with program staff and fiscal department to ensure compliance. Process post-award amendments, modifications, extensions, and terminations of contracts and subcontracts.
- Provide technical assistance and training to program staff. Assist Forum administrators and inter-institutional groups in resolving specific administrative and fiscal problems and in disseminating information about rules, policies, and contracts. Maintain communication with directors and managers about program budgets and schedule regular meetings.
- Assist in the development of proposals in response to grant announcements from state and federal agencies, foundations and non-profit organizations. Develop draft budgets based on program strategies. Review proposals to ensure guidelines are followed.
- Interpret and implement state and federal administrative and fiscal rules and regulations. Revise agency policies as needed.
- Prepare and submit regular invoices, financial statements, and other financial reports as required by funders/customers. Monitor grant expenditures for compliance with state and federal regulations and approved budgets/expenditures.
- Draft subcontract agreements as needed. Audit and approve invoices for payment from contractors and sub-recipients. Analyze invoices against contractors’ work plans to identify any inconsistencies, and work with contractors to reconcile issues.
- Assist in the management of financial audit requests by funders and auditors.
- Review and approve travel documentation for all agency staff.
- Develop and maintain program budgets, supporting schedules and documents, and the Forum cost allocation plan.
- Make journal entries in accounting software system as needed.
- Attend meetings, trainings, workshops, conference calls and conferences as assigned and as related to this position. Prepare miscellaneous forms and reports upon request
- Act as administrative liaison between the Forum and outside funding agencies.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred. At least three years’ experience in grants administration and/or compliance.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Able to manage multiple tasks/assignments simultaneously. Strong project management and time management skills; highly organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent communication and reasoning skills, both verbally and in writing. Ability to think and problem-solve creatively.
- Able to supervise staff effectively.
- Must establish effective working relationships with agencies, officials, and internal staff, both in person and remotely.
- Professional and courteous at all times. Able to provide guidance to people with a wide range of training and experience.
- Experience with federal Uniform Grant Guidance. General knowledge of grant and contract terms and conditions. Efficient in Microsoft Office especially Excel. Experience with MIP (Abila) accounting software a plus.
Must be able to travel as needed to fulfill the job requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.flchild.com.