Position Status: Full-time
Salary Range: $55k – $65k
Responsible for the development, coordination, monitoring and/or oversight of contracts and subcontracts. Provides advice and assistance to Forum staff, state and local governments, not for profit organizations, and individuals with whom the forum is contracting. Researches funding opportunities, suggests grant opportunities, and provides assistance to Forum staff in the development and submission of grant proposals. Coordinates the administration of state and federally funded grants. Develops agency and program budgets.
Recommends new methods and techniques when desirable; and recommends solutions to problems. Interprets regulations and policies for program administrators. Participates in developing materials for orientation and training related to various program areas.
Assists in the daily management of contracts and grants at the Children’s Forum. Able to supervise staff effectively. Monitors program expenditures, prepare and process financial reports and invoices, and provide oversight for sub-recipients and vendors as required. Assists in the development and review of grant and funding proposals. Participates in other Forum projects as needed.
Specific Job Duties:
- Develop and help negotiate contracts between the Forum and various funders for the provision of services for various programs. Develop subcontracts between the Forum and local governments, nonprofit organizations, for-profit concerns and individuals for the provision of services under funding agreements between the Forum and state agencies. Analyze prime funding agreements and ensure that appropriate requirements are communicated to sub-recipients and vendors as required.
- Review Forum policies and procedures to ensure consistency with state and federal policies and regulations. Responsible for interpreting administrative and fiscal rules and policies and for recommending new and improved programs to effectively manage administrative and fiscal workload.
- Assist in the development of proposals in response to grant announcements from state and federal agencies, foundations and non-profit organizations. Develop draft budgets based on program strategies. Review proposals to ensure guidelines are followed.
- Work with Forum staff to develop funding proposals in response to grant announcements from state and federal agencies, foundations, and nonprofit organizations. Help staff identify funding opportunities, understand administrative requirements, build budgets, and develop effective program implementation strategies.
- Review administrative and financial requirements of funding awards. Work with program staff and fiscal department to ensure compliance. Process post-award amendments, modifications, extensions, and terminations of contracts and subcontracts.
- Assists Forum administrators and inter-institutional groups in resolving specific administrative and fiscal problems and in disseminating information in regard to rules, policies, and contracts.
- Interpret and implement state and federal administrative and fiscal rules and regulations. Revise agency policies as needed.
- Develop and maintain Agency cost allocation plan, and supporting schedules and documents.
- Develop and maintain Agency and individual program budgets, and supporting schedules and documents.
- Audit and approve invoices for payment from contractors and subcontractors. Reconcile any inconsistencies in invoices. Analyze invoices against contractors’ work plans to identify any inconsistencies, and work with contractors to reconcile issues. Maintain prime contract files, and subcontractor files, including records of payment, progress reports, deliverables, and other work products.
- Provide technical assistance and training to program staff. Maintain communication with directors and managers about program budgets and schedule regular meetings.
- Prepare and submit regular invoices, financial statements, and other financial reports as required by funders/customers. Monitor grant expenditures for compliance with state and federal regulations and approved budgets/expenditures.
- Assist in the management of financial audit requests by funders and auditors.
- Review and approve travel documentation for all agency staff.
- Make journal entries in accounting software system as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to manage multiple tasks/assignments simultaneously. Strong project management and time management skills; highly organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent communication and reasoning skills, both verbally and in writing. Ability to think and problem-solve creatively.
- Able to supervise staff effectively.
- Must establish effective working relationships with agencies, officials, and internal staff, both in person and remotely.
- Professional and courteous at all times. Able to provide guidance to people with a wide range of training and experience.
- Experience with federal Uniform Grant Guidance. General knowledge of grant and contract terms and conditions. Efficient in Microsoft Office especially Excel. Experience with MIP (Abila) accounting software a plus.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred. At least three years’ experience in grants administration and/or compliance.
To apply for this job please visit www.flchild.com.